Thursday 24 July 2008

Day 27 (Cont'd): Goats

I saw a herd of goats and sheep cross the street right in front of me today, and I don't think I've ever seen so many of them in my life. Only this time they actually had someone leading them. For real, these goats just cruise and chill around Tarim, and you can just feel them thinking "we own this city!" Luckily, I had my camera on me: (Forgive my inane commentary, I didn't realize the camera would pick up the sound).




Just a note: The video, when taken on its own, makes Yemen seem like such a poor, backward country. And it's true that there are a lot of poor people. But the country in general isn't as bad as it looks, take my word for it. If the majority of houses seem poor and downtrodden, it's because (usually) that's what its owners choose to have them look like.

No comments: